Lightweight and simple static site template for researchers in the Digital Humanities.
Get up and running with this site really fast! For an opinionated quickstart, you need to have
- clicked “use this template” in GitHub, so you have your own copy of this repository, and cloned it to your own computer
- set up a free account on Netlify ready for deployment (other static site hosting options are fine if you know how)
- thought about whether you are happy writing blog content in files in GitHub, or prefer to use a CMS for web-based writing.
- thought about whether this template has the right site sections (home/blog/about) for you, or if you need extra pages
While this template is still under development, these docs assume that you:
- are vaguely familiar with basic git commands (clone, add, commit, push) and GitHub
- are able to set up a working NodeJS environment on your computer.
| 5 min read (814 words)
Things you need to change in the code to get things up and running for the first time
| 2 min read (297 words)
How do I make this thing not be blue?
| 1 min read (192 words)
What do I need to do about images for theming and content?